Friday, February 26, 2010

Baby and Nursery Crafts

Here are some photos of a few crafts that I have been working on for the Nursery. Also a few photos of are little girl. Now that Colby takes the car to work every day and he is in town I am home all day every day so I have been trying to think of some fun things that I want to make or things that would be fun to make.
Here is the lamp shade. Sorry I didn't get one of the whole lamp. It was Gold and this lamp shade was a dirty white.

Here is the stand I painted it white and sanded it down for the old feel.

Here is the shade. I used the left over material from the quilt.

And it all together

I bought this frame that was a green color and I also painted it white to go with the theme of the room and then added a few things that I thought would make it cute.
I had so much fun making these and I am so exited to see what they look like when we put them up in her room.
Here she is at 24 weeks Everything went REALLY WELL with the Ultra sound this time and things are healing. The baby was growing well and she looked great they didn't see anything wrong with her at all. I had a wonderful friend put my name in on the prayer roll and I feel that might have been part of this blessing. Thank you!



I love that you can see her little fingers.


I think that Ultra sounds always make them look a little funny. But she's still cute.

11 comments:

David and Kira said...

The profile picture looks a lot like Elijah!! I LOVE your lamp that you did. Where did you get that idea? And the frame is adorable also. Are you going to use it as a bow hanger?

Dana Scarbrough said...

Love it! I love seeing later ultrasounds, the babies look more "real" hehe. Love the lamp that coordinates.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going well with you and babe. Very ctue crafts too.

smcgary said...

We are so happy things are going well for you and the baby. The time seems to be going fast. It won't be long til you're holding her. :)

Love
Tamlee & Scot

The Strongs said...

The crafts are super cute! love em!!

Idaho Beagleys said...

Love that you are keeping soooo busy AND she is adorable. Those pics are amazing, all the details you can see. The power of prayer is amazing also! We have had you in our thoughts hoping and praying too that everything would be OK.

Cory and Andrea said...

I cannot believe you made that lamp shade! That's amazing! I don't have a crafty bone in my body!! It looks adorable! She looks adorable!

Britt said...

oHHH you give me the chills! I love your blog and I love you! XOXOXO

Candace and Brian said...

Love the crafts you did. And....I loved the ultrasound pictures. I'm So happy to hear things are going well. Can't wait to see pictures of her in your arms.

Harper said...

Wow, Trisha: your crafts are so cute! I am very impressed!

I also love your ultrasound pictures. I think it's amazing that you can see the baby's face so clearly. I hope everything is going well with your pregnancy!

V and Co. said...

hi there!
first off congrats on the new baby!
second i'm here to answer your question on the moda bake shop tutorial of the braided rag rug.
when you are braiding your strips you need make sure they are super loose. as in not at all tight, and kind of on the "too loose" side. and when you sew your strips together, make sure you do so on a flat surface, and making sure you don't over lay the braids at all. i'm going to revise this into the main instructions as you are not the only one with this question!
thank you and i hope it works out!
-Vanessa