Thursday, May 22, 2008

Big Boy Bed

So night before last Noah decided that he didn't want to sleep in his crib anymore?! So he slept with us all that night. I ended up on the couch for almost 2 hours of sleep. So we decided maybe if he had a "BIG BOY BED" that he might sleep in that better. So we got all the pieces and put it together. Noah liked helping daddy. And daddy not so much. lol Well......it was hard to get him to stay in it once it was time for bed and once we tried to leave and he was asleep (darn floors). Any ways it was 10:20 and I thought "I'm not doing this all night!" So I put him in are bed and he fell asleep super fast. So then I put him in his room and he stayed there till 5:30 this morning. Not to bad I guess.? But I'm hoping that this gets better. If anyone has any good Ideas on how to get him to stay in his big boy bed besides tying him down I would love to know:)



Trying to help Daddy


Getting in the way:P


All done. With the blanket I made:)


Likes sitting on it....


Laid on it......But didn't want to stay in it:(

6 comments:

Dax and Jen said...

I'm glad you said something about finding our blog! I found yours the same way. I hope the last bit of your pregnancy goes smoothly. I'm glad we'll be able to see what you're up to!

Erickson Family said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment on the baptism.
Bedtime can be such a pain! We fought with ours for an hour last night. AND is wasn't Tatum...it was Ri and Brin! GRRR
My friend Taryn had this issue with her son and he didn't stop coming into their room till he was 5. They finally started locking their bedroom door after they had had enough. They said that for about 5 days straight he would come to their door and just knock for hours until he fell asleep outside the door. After 5 days, he stopped coming because he finally realized they weren't going to answer. Since Noah isn't tall enough to open his own door, maybe it will take a few nights of him sleeping on his own floor before he realizes that you aren't going get him out. Good luck! Just when I think I've started figuring these kids out, everything changes! LOL

Anonymous said...

well I don't have much advice because Kyla transitioned really well. We just put her in her bed, kissed her goodnight and shut the door. If she got out we just went and put her back in. Then before we would go to bed we would crack the door so if she did wake up she could get to us. Hope things turn around for you before Elijah comes. Good luck.

The Price Family said...

With Trey it took some time. We even took turns lying on his floor until he fell asleep. Its tough because we did it when I was pregnant with Jackson and you don't always have patience but it will come. I remember even a few nights trey would sleep on our floor but I never let him in our bed, mainly because I can't sleep with kids but he finally got the hint:)
We are having another boy.

David and Kira said...

I feel your pain! I remember the days, and some days are still like that. I did a lot of times sitting or laying by the bed. I also did some rocking (which I know Noah doesn't do), and then some times Cameron would cry by the door and finally fall asleep or several trips of laying him back into bed, leave the room, and repeat 10 mins. later...

Noah for sure senses a change, like all new to be siblings do. He will get it though!

Erickson Family said...

22 days?! good grief....you're ready to pop. LOL hope you're feeling and getting at least a little sleep.