Just to start this blog is not pointing any fingers to any one. It's just thoughts that I have once in a while when I'm at other peoples houses that don't share the same wild child that i do. This is just my thoughts that's all it is and some venting!
......I always think about when we are over at someones house and how hard it is to have such an active boy. Hard because he always into everything and harder because I know that the person is thinking that we hope that we leave soon. Most of the time that I am at someones house that has like 3 or more kids they are really understanding and just laugh at how he is so active and that when he gets older it will be so much more fun to take him out and play fun sports. Well whenever we go to someones house that has a little one or maybe two calm kids I feel so out of place so......mmmmm crummy! I think that i feel this way more for me then for them. Partly because what do I say besides the normal "sorry". It's so hard for thous parents to under stand how hard it really is sometimes. Sometimes i just think that staying home all the time might be the better option. But then I know that I would be going crazy if I didn't get out. I just wish that I didn't always feel so embarrassed by some of the things that he dose. There are even sometimes when we will be where there are kids that have lots of toys and the kids play with them together. Then when we are leaving they get mad when Noah's played with some of the toys and they aren't all picked up. For the most part I feel like well they were both playing with them and I'm not sure if they are still going to play with them or not. But I feel that I make an effort to try to clean things up some what before we leave. Not all of it because I know that he is not the only one that was playing with them. Maybe I should just avoid going to these houses and try to find other things to do when Colby is going to in school late or I have the car all day and need to take a break. There is always so many things that go threw your head when your kid just doesn't lesson to ANYTHING you say! I know that I'm not the only one that feels this way I have some really great friends that have crazy kids to so when they are all together I don't feel as bad because the parent is more understanding. But when you keep saying the same thing over and ever and OVER again you feel dumb. At least I do. I know tonight for example we were over at Colby's sisters and I was feeding Elijah and Noah was being Noah and jumping off stuff and when I asked him to stop I might as well of been talk to a wall or just said it in my head. Then not to long after that he was up on the counter and made a mess out of the pizza sauce by spilling it on the counter. I had to take a deep breath and try to just relax and not to keep tearing up. My eyes were instantly full of tears. More embarrassment then anything. I just hope that I'm not being selfish or mean?. I just feel like.....well you already know. But I just wish that sometimes I could be more understanding and so could the other person and of course Noah. Dose any one have some way to help what I'm feeling? I know some of you have crazy kiddos your self. Anything will help:) Thanks!
Here We Are
2 days ago




5 comments:
Trisha,
I think all mother's go through this-comparing their children to others!! It happens all the time whether it's consiously or not. This is a hard stage when Elijah is still a baby and needy and then you still have to help a toddler who wants to be so big so fast! All I can say is be patient, find ways for you to get out of the house, just you, so you can come home refreshed and both you and Noah will be excited to see each other! It's good for Noah to interact with other kids, so I wouldn't stop going over to their homes. Invite them to your's if you think they get mad about the mess! Then they can't complain!!
I agree with Kira you have to keep going out, how else will he learn. I know it is hard Kenidee has a bit of a wild streak to her too. And yes invite people over to your house to do things. And when you go to the clean people's houses make an honest effort to clean up even if others are still playing. it teaches noah that he needs to be polite and clean up.
Your a good mom. we all have our challenges, be consitant with him make rules and follow them no matter where you are, this has helped with Kenidee. Best of all pray for help and patence Heavenly Father knows your boys so much better then you do. He will help you to know what to do. I know He helps me everyday. Being a mom is not easy and we could all use as much help as possible.
So true.."being a mom is not easy and we could all use as much help as possible". Yes I only have a 7 month old and am not at that stage. But I have have some people that come over to my house that have some wild kids. They are constantly jumping off the couch, running around and knocking things over. Yes it is stressful at times because I have a little baby that they are jumping over and tugging on, but I understand that her kids are active. Those parents just need to understand that Noah is an active little boy. You do sound like you need a day at the spa. I sometimes just enjoy going to the grocery store for an hour by myself. I come back just feeling recharged. Good luck and remember your not alone.
If this makes you feel any better, I was at my OLD neighbor's house letting our DOG's play and Rooney (my dog) lifted his little leg up and peed on her couch! Not once but multiple times before I caught him. I wanted to D-I-E!!! It was so humiliating! If you ever come to SL stop bye, Rooney will give him a run for his money!! Not to mention Erin's devil child already broke the cool stuff!
Trisha don't be so hard on yourself, YES easier said than done. I have to say though Trey was my mellow child at least...was when he was Jackson and Noahs age. It is hard when you feel like your child causes problems and I didn't understand this until Jackson came around and started biting everybody! How do I get him to stop? I have no idea. He doesn't do it as often now but, when we go to our friends house in our ward he bites their little girl everytime. Almost breaking skin and yes I would like to cry also. Its hard being a mom but we just have to do our best. Hang in there!! Your a great mom and we all love your boys.
Post a Comment