We thought that things were going well THEN we hit a hard spot. Colby and I went for a Dirt Bike ride to get some peaches for a cobbler. Well going up the hill we were almost to the top and the front of the bike went up so Colby let off of the gas and turned it to the side. Well Colby went face down on the ground and I rolled down the hill. I had a few scratches and a sore body nothing to bad. BUT Colby broke his Collar bone. Yup a hard spot! A REAL HARD SPOT!!!
So we went to the ER and they checked him out and said that we had a few options that we would talk to the surgeon about. We left there had to drive to the other end of another town about 20mins away for medication then drove home 40mins and got home at Midnight. The next morning we took off to the Orthopedic surgeon and Colby will go in for Surgery Monday the 24th. They will put a rod in to get everything set in the right spots. It will tae them about 3 hours and then recovery. So it will be an ALL day thing. In about 3 months after that they will take out the rod then we will go from there. If it doesn't heal they will have to do a bone graph which means that they would take bone from his leg and put it where is Collier bone is. So fingers crossed that dosen't happen.
He will be out of any hard work for 4-6 months. So we will be here at the In-Laws till things look up. We are thankful that we were able to have a place to stay and that we hadn't already rented a place. We would be out of luck if that were the case. So we will be doing anything to try to earn a few bucks to save up. Luckily we only have a car payment and insurance to pay and money saved to pay both for 6 months.
I will give an update next week sometime when I get the chance. We know that he will already be board staying home for that long. Im sure that the boys will love having there Daddy home all the time. We know that there is a reason for everything so we will see what happens.
Glow Stick Baby
2 days ago




7 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about your accident! You have such a good attitude about it though...keep it up! Please let us know if you need anything.
Hope the surgery goes well. Best of luck to you all. The Lord works in mysterious ways.
You are such a positive person! I'm sorry to hear what happened. Colby, hang in there!
I'm so SORRY! :( Keep me updated, and let us know what we can help with.
Ouch, ouch, ouch!!!! Man Colby, if you didn't have bad luck you seriously would have NO LUCK! Get well soon. Would love to see photos after the surgery!
Wow! What a bummer, I am so sorry to hear that! Hope the surgery goes well. If you are going to Kadlec he will most likely end up on the surgical floor where I work. Although I worked last week so I won't be there to see him this week, we will be moving all week. Good luck, keep us posted!
Wow...what a bump in the road!! I hope all goes well with the surgery. Wish we were there to help you out instead of across the country.
Post a Comment