Thursday, January 15, 2009

Smoke at 3:30am

This morning i was awaken by the smell of smoke. I thought to myself "the wood stove has never smelled that way?" So I got up and walked around the house and looked out into the garage from the front window. I saw what I thought was the light from Dodges heat lamp. So i went back to bed but my mind could not get off the smell that I didn't know. So finally at 4 I woke Colby up and asked him what that smell was? He said that he didn't know. So we both got up and put are coats on and went outside. My first thought as we stepped into the smoke was "well maybe it's just some place around here." But when Colby opened the Garage door my first thought was DODGE! The smoke pored from the door and there was no light to see. I asked Colby is Dodge ok? He said yes and to get some water. I ran inside and grabbed the biggest thing that i could that would hold water and outside i went. Colby had the flashlight and we were poring water over the burnt dog house. We were both very thankful that are family was blessed to not be harmed. Dodge was in that garage for who knows how long and is doing fine. We know that are Heavenly Farther blessed us with the spirit to tell me that going to back to bed was the wrong thing to do. We are VERY Thankful that everyone was ok and the Fire did not spread to are family. We know that this Church is true and with out the Gospel we might not of been so lucky! Now are house smells like smoke and my nose can hardly smell:)

Not as bad as I thought:(

The cord started it all!

I can't belive that Dodge didn't even Bark once! He must have been so scared. Or it might have jsut felt nice to be warm?

9 comments:

Enriquez Family said...

So scary! Juan came home from school and told me that he saw Colby and told hime about it! You guys were defenitly being watched! Who know what would have happened.. Poor dodge, smoke inhalation.

David and Kira said...

Didn't the dog start barking?! So crazy, scary!! Glad it all turned out good though!!

Lisa-Marie said...

I'm so glad that everything is okay. Good for you Trisha for listening to the Spirit. You have been blessed!

Stacey Jensen said...

Holy cow!!! You are so very blessed that it was not worse. I am so glad you are all safe. What would I do without Colby to tease and the two boys to watch and you to be friends with?!!

Brooke and Kris G said...

That is horrible! Poor dog. :) I am really glad you saved him! I am a total dog lover.
Did you get my last email?

-brooke

Brian and Jennifer said...

So glad all turned out fine. That's so scary!

Anonymous said...

Wow, good thing you went back out to check!! Glad it wasn't worse.

Harper said...

I'm glad that Dodge is okay!

The Price Family said...

I'm glad dodge is okay but I'm REALLY glad you guys are okay. Scary.