Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Stung by a bee

On Friday July 8th we found out Noah was allergic to bees.
He was playing outside in the dirt by the garden all by himself and I was in side doing dishes when I heard him scream. I new what had happend and he ran inside to tell me. He cried for about 5 min and then stopped. About 5 min after that he started crying from over in the couch and I told him he would be ok. After about 5 more minutes he came into the kitchen and stared crying again. I turned around and went to tell him that he is going to be fine it was just a bee sting and that they hurt for a little while. But to my surprise his was was swelling up along with his hand. I grabbed the kids and we started out to the van. LaiLauna was still in her pj shirt and a diaper and Elijah was maybe in his pj's as well. By the time that we all got in the car Noah could hardly see out of his eyes and his was getting bigger and bigger by the seconds. I have a friend that lives on the corner and so I dropped the kids off there and took Noah to the urgent care about 2 min from the house. When we got there he was crying but couldn't open his eyes. I felt so bad and my hear twas racing the whole time. I had to sign him in and then we were told that the nurse would come get us in a minute. Well we waited and things were only getting worse. Finally I told the lady that it was taking to long. So she grabbed the nurse and they took us back. They checked him out and the doctor decided on a shot and liquid to help Noah out. His whole body was red and he had hives all over. His poor eyes were red from crying but he couldn't even see anything. We had to hold him down to give him all the medication which was a pain but after about 5-10min he could kinda see out of his eyes. Then the itching was gone so he started to be his silly self again. I started to feel better after that but was still so shaken up. So now we have to carry an epi pen with us when ever we are out. I just hope we dont have to go threw this again.
His hand. It took 3 days for the swelling to go down.

After the swelling started going down.

When we were waiting for the doctor and the medicine

Still super puffy but being sill.

6 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

oh man...it doesn't even look like him. poor kid. Cambree heard me telling David what happened, and still tells me how noah's face was hurt. silly girl. we are SUPER glad all was well though.

Dana Scarbrough said...

Yikes! So nice to have an epi pen for emergencies now I bet! Thankfully he was old enough to tell you what happened!

David and Kira said...

poor guy!! I think Melanie is allergic to mosquito's because both times she has gotten bitten she has swelled up a ton! She looked like someone punched her in the eye the last time. It took 3 days to completely disappear. makes me wonder if she will be allergic to bees! I hope I don't find that out!!

Idaho Beagleys said...

Holy Toledo Scariness!!!!! I'm so glad you found this out when close to a doctor. Your kiddos are just growing by leaps and bounds.

dax.jennifer said...

Oh poor Noah! I thought about asking the doc for an epi pen to carry around with me "just in case" because you just never know what they are allergic to until something crazy happens. Glad he's ok.

The Price Family said...

Poor guy! I've always been nervous about that. My kids have never been stung yet. Your such a good mom.